‘Golden Girl’ Taylor Swift Reveals Highlight Of 2009; Advice For Avoiding Pop Star Pitfalls


It’s been an intriguing year for Taylor Swift. The same could be said for Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie, Sandra Bullock, Sarah Palin, Oprah Winfrey and Robert Pattinson – just to name a few.

All of these stars have made People’s 25 Most Intriguing People of 2009 list, the magazine announced on Wednesday.

For Taylor, who the mag dubbed this year’s “Golden Girl,” her crowning moment of 2009 came in The Big Apple far from the country stage.

“I think that standing onstage and waving goodbye on ‘Saturday Night Live’ after being the host and the musical guest is something I’m never going to forget in my whole life,” she explained. “That memory and that week is one of the huge highlights of this year.”

And when it comes to maintaining her “really nice girl” image, how does Taylor hope to avoid the pitfalls that other young superstars – a la Britney Spears, who People dubbed “The Comeback” of 2009 — have gone through?

“I’m the kind of person who thinks and overthinks and analyzes and overanalyzes every move that I make and every word that say and everything that I do. It’s not to make sure everything is politically correct. I’ve been that way since I was a kid,” Taylor told the mag. “I think out my next step before I make it. I’m gonna make mistakes in my life… But hopefully because of the overthinking nature… I won’t make as many mistakes.”

Of the other folks to make People’s list, Brad and Angelina were named “The Power Pair,” Pattinson was dubbed “The Heartthrob,” Oprah was given the title of “Departing Diva” and Kate Gosselin got into the act as “The Mother of All Reality Stars.”

No comments: